I’d rather be a Cyborg than a Goddess.
In 1991 Donna Haraway formulated the image of the cyborg as “a creature of social reality as well as a creature of fiction”, using the image of the cyborg as a representation for the political, active and interactive woman interconnected to, and united with women and all the marginalized groups world-wide via internet.
The cybernetic image, or the postmodern technologized figure of the techno-human hybridity, is thus standing on the opposite of the idealized, mythical goddess – a symbol of the racialized, matriarchal past endorsed not only by the patriarchal epistemologies, but also by the more radical feminisms of the late 20th century.
Today, in 2021, we are inviting you to a collaborative search for the new symbols of the political, of the active and the interactive, the interconnected, and the united. What are our representations of the political? What are the patriarchal symbols we would rather get rid of? How do we disrupt our patriarchal epistemologies?
I’d rather be a X than a Y.
Let us know what X would you (rather) be, than what Y.
KVV#9 WORKSHOP OVERVIEW
Pravo Ljudski in cooperation with the National Endowment for Democracy, and its local partners,
invites all young people, aged 18 to 25, to apply for the Creative Documentary Film Lab Ko je video Video?!#9
Following the selection process, up to 12 young people with strong interest in creative documentary film, will participate in the Ko je video Video?!#9, a diverse and informal educational program.
We are looking for young people with a passion for documentary stories and ideas, coming from environments and contexts that are underrepresented in the film industry in Bosnia and Herzegovina. This year we are offering the possibility for young people from Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, Kosovo and North Macedonia to apply for the workshop. KVV#9 course is designed to give young aspiring filmmakers an overview on how to deal with the content using a mobile phone in documentary film making. It also helps them recognize the mobile techniques and gives them practical training in their use, as well as in determining the appropriate mechanisms of audio-visual interaction and communication.
- You are between 18 and 25 years old;
- You are from Bosnia and Herzegovina. (Few places for citizens of Serbia, Croatia, Montenegro, Kosovo and North Macedonia are also available).
- You can communicate in English language;
- Ko je vidio video?! is open for everyone, however if you do not attend any formal educational institution and come from smaller town and/or rural area, you are especially encouraged to apply.
- Participants will need to be able to independently work in a non-linear editing software that they have access to. We give preference to Adobe Premiere.
- Any knowledge from the realm of photography is welcome but not mandatory.
- You will need a computer that has non-linear video editing software, can connect to the internet and support Zoom video conferencing.
ALL PARTICIPATION COSTS ARE COVERED BY THE ORGANIZERS.
For more information, please visit our websites:
KVV#9 will be held from May 15th until May 23rd.
We kindly ask you to send the complete application package
(completed application form, CV/bio and cover letter)
May 10, 2021, 18h00!
– We suggest that you make a copy of your application documents and file it in your archive.
– All information provided will be treated confidentially. In case you withdraw your application, all documents will be destroyed.
– Only complete and timely applications will be taken into consideration.
Ko je vidio Video?! is a diverse and informal educational program that includes several segments such as creative thinking and creative approach in the process of writing, researching and developing storylines for documentary film, as well as directing, camera and sound, editing and postproduction.
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, and in order to support our community efforts to prevent the spread of the virus, Ko je vidio Video?! #9 will take place online. Attendance of all group and individual sessions is mandatory for every participant.
The workshop meets virtually as a group once a day for 9 days, and to keep on track, participants will also have one-on-one virtual meetings with the tutor. KVV #9 will culminate in a live online viewing party of completed projects with a Q&A session.
The working language of Ko je video video?! is English.