Udruženje Pravo Ljudski Sarajevo is independent, not-for-profit civic association aiming to promote independent cinema, art and culture, resting upon the power of socially engaged audio-visual arts and particularly independent documentary cinema and socially engaged art forms in general. The activities of Pravo Ljudski include, but are not limited to, the annual Pravo Ljudski Film Festival, creative documentary film school “Ko je vidio Video?!”, youth program Zoom Rights and other public campaigns aiming at the promotion of independent film and arts, film education, and diverse initiatives with the goal of promotion of independent documentary cinema.
Pravo Ljudski offers a temporary social media and audience development part-time position (12 months) that will involve maintaining our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts and envisioning a sustainable social media and audience development strategies.
- Responsible for writing content for various forms of media targeted toward various potential audience groups. Creating social media content and disseminating it.
- Strategizing about efficient social media presence and tactiques.
- Collaborates with various units within the Communications, Production and Programming Departments, and other areas of the Festival to develop written content for projects and programmes to support greater goals.
- Manages social media content – draft, edit and publish info posts, social media posts, and other social content with compelling graphics, photography and/or videography, which includes collaborating with programming staff to develop new content when necessary, managing changes both anticipated and spontaneous, monitoring shifting web and social media needs, and periodically auditing existing content.
- Collaborates to assist with the development of a comprehensive and integrated communications strategy and communications plan for the Festival, including development of themes, identification of target audiences, and corresponding media selection; conducts research into trends and best practices in film festival marketing and communication.
- Schedules, executes, and filters electronic mail campaigns to potential audience groups; serve as the author of a series of outreach e-mails and letters targeted to potential audiences.
- Working closely with communication team leadership, this individual will serve as the primary text writer for publications on social media and electronic communications designed to attract new audiences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good communication, correspondence, and management skills.
- Excellent command of English and native in at least 1 local language.
- Deep understanding of the cultural / art landscape in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Good social media communication skills (Facebook and Instagram especially, preferably familiarity with Twitter, possibly others): knowledge of social media algorithms and posting strategies, ability to formulate attractive content, ability to disseminate (for ex. in Facebook groups), knowledge of technical details, knowledge of how to promote Facebook events.
- Well networked in the country, preferably in the region.
Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience writing content for young audiences (14-18 and 18-27 years of age) is preferred.
- Knowledge of content management systems and email marketing applications.
- Knowledge of social media trends, branding and marketing strategies.
- Organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Initiative, creativity and self-motivation
- Interpersonal/human relation skills; collaborative and cooperative approach to coworkers.
- Ability to adapt to work environment changes, and relate to a diverse population
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Attention to detail and commitment to high quality service
Bachelor’s degree with major in a closely related field (public relations, marketing, media, humanities, languages); or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Terms and conditions
Application deadline: March 25th, 2022, 00:00 CET
Hours: these tasks are approximated as 40-60 hours per month or 10-15 hours per week.
Remuneration: 400 BAM gross per month
Starting date: April 1st, 2022 (with a training period of 2 weeks)
End date, with the possibility of prolonging: April 1st, 2023
How to Apply
Applications (as well as all possible questions) should be sent exclusively to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: “Application – social media – YOUR NAME AND SURNAME”, no later than March 25th, 2022, 00:00 CET.
Applicants must include:
- Cover letter;
- Resume/curriculum vitae;
- Up to 3 (three) relevant writing samples. The writing sample can be a short text, or even a social media post that you consider representative of your writing style.
Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Pravo Ljudski reserves the right to contact only a certain number of registered applicants.
Shortlisted candidates can expect to be contacted for an interview until March 31st 2022 .
More about Pravo Ljudski
All informations about Pravo Ljudski can be found on the website: www.pravoljudski.org.